Monday, December 22, 2008

Villa La Angostura and Bariloche

Yesterday, I returned to Buenos Aires from a trip south with my friend Francisco. We took a bus through La Pampa, ending up in Villa La Angostura. While I was there, we visited Bariloche, which is an hour and a half or so by car from Villa La Angostura. I climbed mountains, went to the beach and stopped to smell to the roses. Here are some pictures.



This is in Villa La Angostura. We went to a beach on one of these lakes a few times. The lakes are very deep and granite stones line the beaches.


Downtown Villa and a good example of the ridiculous quantities of roses that were everywhere. When not in everyone's yards or in public planters like these, roses grew wild in the forests and on the mountains.

Franciso and his father, Bill, took me on a trail up into the mountains. This picture is unflattering, but good evidence of the utter exhaustion I felt whenever we stopped to rest and take pictures. There aren't a lot of mountains in Florida. The prize at the end of the hike was this waterfall. Que linda.


A historical square in Bariloche. It was raining and cold while we were there, but looks like it is normally a very nice skiing town in the winter. Here are a few more photos of the abundance of roses, which I never got used to.


On my last night, it snowed. It was a beautiful change from Buenos Aires, but of course, I am glad to be back to celebrate Christmas and New Years in BA.

-Kate

No comments: